Functions & use of clamp systems
Functions of our clamping systems
1. Exerts the required vertical force on the sandwich cover, compressing the silicon and thus sealing off the wells.
2. Secures microplates tightly in your incubator shaker, while also structurizing your incubator shaker platform space.
Our clamping systems have holes in the groundplate which allow the clamping system to be screwed onto most platforms of incubator shakers. The clamps are supplied with the appropriate sets of screws and washers to mount the clamps on the platform of the shaker. The washers need to be in between the clamp and the shaker platform, insulating the clamps from possible heat produced by the motor of the shaker.
Use of fixed height clamps for deepwell MTPs + covers only (CR17xx series)
1. Slide the sandwich cover + MTP into the clamp, attached onto an orbital shaking platform, and turn the handle from the "OPEN" position to the "CLOSED" position.
2. Shake under appropriate conditions, depending on filling volume and desired OTRs, see hydrodynamics and oxygen-transfer rates).
Use of height adjustable, universal clamps (CR18xx and CR16xx series)
1. Place one deepwell MTP + sandwich cover, or a pile of maximally 3-4 MTPs + sandwich covers into the clamp which has been screwed onto the shaking platform of an appropriate orbital shaker.
2. Screw down the (pile of) MTPs + sandwich covers down using the clamp system with the cross-nut (see photo and drawing). Stop turning the cross-nut when friction is felt, the force exerted is then approx 400 N, which is a suitable force for sandwich covers with a solid silicone layer inside. For sandwich covers with spongy silicone turn back the cross-nut a half or full turn.
3. Shake under appropriate conditions, depending on filling volume and desired OTRs. see hydrodynamics and oxygen-transfer rates).
The best way to contact us is to use the form below. However, you may also contact Wouter Duetz directly by e-mail. This e-mail address can be found on the "about us" page.
Optionally you may provide us with additional details about your project; culture type & duration, throughput and desired culture volumes.
We are happy to assist you. We generally reply within a single business day.